Food Business Africa magazine is the source of information for the professionals and businesses in the food, beverage, milling, hospitality, restaurant and catering (HORECA) and retail sectors in the sub-Saharan Africa.
The magazine incorporates Dairy Business Africa, Beverage Tech Africa and Milling & Baking Africa magazine inserts that are part of the magazine – providing the opportunity for each issue of the magazine to delve deeper into the trends and technologies in Africa’s fastest growing sectors.
The magazine reflects the publisher’s passion for technology and the continent of Africa.
The objective of the magazine is to provide relevant and timely information to the industry in sub-Saharan Africa that will catalyse the growth of the industry in the region.
The magazine provides its readers with key technology developments, commodity markets and market trends in a manner that is cognizant of the level of the industry in Africa, with a goal to improve the local industries’ competence, knowledge and skills.
The magazine is the first and only resource of its kind in the region, out of South Africa, that provides information on post-harvest management, food safety, quality and R&D , formulations management; agro/food processing, packaging, distribution and marketing.
The magazine is targeted towards CEOs, Directors, General Managers, QA/R&D Managers, Production Managers, Engineering Managers, Supply Chain Managers, Procurement Managers, Marketing/Brand Managers and other professionals that are tasked with decision making in their roles in the manufacturing sector. This is the primary audience of the magazine.
The magazine is also relied upon by investors, strategists, retailers, suppliers, Governments, NGOs, trade associations, regulatory bodies, research and training institutions for the latest industry news, trends, technology, investment and marketing opportunities in the region.
The magazine is widely distributed in Africa, currently reaching 16 countries, from its base in Kenya – from Kenya to Ghana, Nigeria to Mauritius, from Ethiopia to the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) as a print issue, and is also available as a digital edition on our website, giving it a worldwide readership.
In the last two years, sector-focused inserts have been introduced to cover two of Africa’s most important sectors. These include:
Dairy Business Africa – targeting the dairy industry in Africa, covering formulations, processing, packaging, nutrition and market trends
Milling & Baking Africa – covering the grains based industry in Africa, with articles on post-harvest management, processing, packaging, formulations, nutrition and market trends
Beverage Tech Africa – covering the soft and beverage industry in Africa, with articles on processing, packaging, formulations, nutrition and market trends
The magazine is read by the following players in Africa and beyond:
- Food and beverage processing companies – dairy and ice cream; brewing and distilling; savoury; fruits and vegetables; meat, poultry and fish; soft drinks and water; and other processed foods
- Milling, baking and animal feed manufacturers
- Major supermarkets, retailers including traders, distributors, importers and exporters
- Major hospitality, restaurant and catering industry players
- Lecturers, students and researchers in the institutions of higher learning e.g universities and research institutes
- Government regulatory bodies and departments within the Ministries of Health and Food/Agriculture/Industry
- Suppliers of goods – chemicals, ingredients, packaging and equipment – to the food and beverage sector
- Suppliers of services – banks, insurance, logistics, consultants, engineering etc – to the food and beverage sector
- Development partners and NGOs involved in the food supply chain in Africa
Print issue: Food Business Africa is published 6 times a year. The inserts of Dairy Business Africa and Milling & Baking Africa appear in every two issues of the magazine.
Digital issue: Food Business Africa is also published in digital format for all the issues of the magazine. Digital issues are archived and are available on our website at any time, from anywhere around the world
The Editorial Calendar within our Media Kit contains some of the most critical food, beverage and milling industry issues that resonate with the young and vibrant region of Africa.
Find the latest Media Kit on the Media Kit menu on this website