Frutarom acquires 70% stake in Argentinean flavors company

USA -Israeli flavours companyFrutarom has acquired a 70% stake in the Argentinean flavor and fragrances company, Group Meroar for US$ 11.2 million deepening its expansion strategy into the Latin American market. According to the company, the remaining 30% stake will remain under the ownership of the original shareholders in Meroar. The purchase agreement includes an option…

Givaudan appoints Louie D’Amico new President for its Flavours Division

SWITZERLAND – Global flavours and colours specialist Givaudan has appointed Louie D’Amico as President of the Flavour Division and member of the Executive Committee. He succeeds Mauricio Graber who has left Givaudan to become Chief Executive Officer at Chr. Hansen, the Danish provider of dairy and food industry solutions. Louie D’Amico, a holder of BSc…

Firmenich acquires US based maker of certified organic flavours

USA - Firmenich has acquired Natural Flavors, Inc., a privately held manufacturer of organic certified natural flavors, which offers an extensive range of organic certified natural flavour solutions aimed to meet the needs of food and beverage customers. Natural Flavors, headquartered in Newark, New Jersey, USA, has been recognised as a pioneer in organic flavouring,…

Givaudan opens new business solutions centre in Malaysia

MALAYSIA – Givaudan, a Swiss manufacturer of flavors, fragrances and active cosmetic ingredients, has announced the official opening of its new Givaudan Business Solutions (GBS) delivery centre in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The GBS delivery centre in Kuala Lumpur's Petaling Jaya sector was officially inaugurated during a ceremony inspired by Malaysia's national flower the hibiscus, which…

Firmenich to acquire South Africa’s Flavourome to expand African presence

SOUTH AFRICA – Swiss flavors and fragrance company Firmenich has announced its intention to acquire Flavourome, a privately-owned flavors company in South Africa, as it focuses its attention to Africa. Located in Midrand, South Africa, Flavourome has a strong presence in South Africa and the regional African market. It has been in operation since 1998.…

Chr. Hansen launches colour range for beverages

DENMARK - Chr. Hansen has launched four new colour solutions for beverages, extending its existing range of CapColors and ColorFruit, in a bid to give beverage manufacturers better choices on colour, performance and costs. The two new CapColors orange solutions utilize Chr. Hansen’s newest patented encapsulation technique to improve the functionality of the natural color…

Flavour major driver for flavoured water preference – Comax

USA - Comax Flavors, a world leader in proprietary flavors technology, has released new primary research on consumers’ behaviour, usage and attitudes towards flavored water. This is the third study of the company’s primary market research program. The Flavored Water study was fielded in March 2017 with 500 US respondents aged 18 to over 70…

Firmenich inaugurates flavours plant in Sao Paulo, Brazil

BRAZIL – Flavours and colours specialist Firmenich has officially inaugurated its manufacturing plant for encapsulated flavours in Sao Paulo, Brazil, extending its footprint to Latin America. The ceremony, which was conducted in the presence of customers, partners and its Executive committee, focused on making the new plant to serve as a centre of excellence for…

Indian colour maker Roha acquires Canadian business

INDIA – Indian colours supplier Roha has acquired Cambrian solutions colour business in Canada, in a bid to expand on its vision to stay true to local values while providing products and services of global standards. According to FoodIngredientsFirst, Cambrian has been working in Canada since 1997 to build the synthetic colour business exclusively on…

Sensient develops protein masking solutions for sugar reduction concepts

USA – Sensient, a leading global manufacturer and marketer of colors, flavors and fragrances, has developed innovative protein masking solutions, which focus on maintaining the full sensorial perception in the end product, even if sugar is significantly reduced. With its “Sweet Solutions”, Sensient Flavors supports sugar reduction concepts in various beverage, bakery and dairy applications.…