Bühler expands insect portfolio with new mealworm facility in Netherlands

SWITZERLAND – Bühler is set to commission a new mealworm production facility in Netherlands, as the Swiss company continues to expand its portfolio in the insect industry. The project, which Bühler initiated with a farmer […]

Coca-Cola Beverages Africa acquires majority stake in Eswatini bottler

ESWATINI – Coca-Cola Beverages Africa (CCBA) has acquired 60 percent shareholding in  the soft drinks business of Eswatini Beverages. The non-alcoholic ready-to-drink business in Eswatini, in which the remaining 40 percent is owned by Sovereign […]

AfricaRice teams up with Africa Harvest to boost rice production in East Africa

EAST AFRICA – Africa Rice Centre has partnered with Africa Harvest Biotech Foundation International in a project that seeks to boost rice production in East Africa. With the support of International Fund for Agricultural Development […]

Hershey to acquire One Brands for US$397m to boost nutritional snacks segment

USA – American chocolate giant, The Hershey Company has entered into an agreement to acquire low-sugar and high protein bars maker One Brands for US$397 million. Hershey, which recently made a minority investment in Irish […]

Nestlé debuts new Starbucks by Nespresso range in the UK and Ireland

UK – Nestlé has released a new range of Starbucks-branded coffee capsules, called Starbucks by Nespresso, in the UK and Ireland. Starbucks by Nespresso features eight coffee blends, which include Blonde Espresso Roast, Colombia, House […]

Stonewall Kitchen acquires organic apple sauce maker Vermont Village

USA – Stonewall Kitchen, a speciality food producer has announced an agreement to acquire the organic apple sauce and raw apple cider vinegars producer, Vermont Village brand from parent company Village Cannery of Vermont. Miane-headquartered Stonewall Kitchen produces […]

Papa John’s International appoints Robert Lynch as president

USA – America’s fourth largest take-out and pizza delivery restaurant chain, Papa John’s International has named Robert Lynch as president and chief executive officer. Robert will succeed Steve Ritchie, who had led the company since […]

Hain Celestial sells Tilda rice brand to Spain’s Ebro Foods for US$342m

USA – American food group, Hain Celestial has sold its Tilda rice brand to Spain based Ebro Foods for US$342 million, as it continues to simplify its portfolio of brands. Tilda will contribute approximately US$200 […]