ZIMBABWE – Alpha Omega Dairy expects to increase production of its Munandi Lacto four-fold to two million litres per month from next month following the arrival of new equipment to be commissioned “soon”.
Currently Alpha Omega’s Munandi Lacto is driving the company’s volumes pushing more than 500 000 litres per month.
The original equipment could not cope with the local demand but the new equipment will help meet rising summer season demand, according to sales and marketing executive Mrs Juliet Chakara.
“The equipment is already in the country. We hope the new plant will be commissioned by the end of this month,” said Mrs Chakara in an interview yesterday.
Munandi Lacto is currently contributing about 45 percent to the company’s annual turnover while the remaining 55 percent is coming from some of the company’s products.
“The company is just two years in the market and our customer support has been overwhelming so we are still in the growth phase of our business.
We are planning to redesign the packaging of Munandi Lacto to make it more user friendly for people to be able to drink as opposed to the sachet,” Mrs Chakara said.
Alpha Omega has stepped up efforts to expand its market share through doubling its storeroom capacity at the Mazowe dairy plant to about 240 tonnes from the current 120 tonnes.
A new product introduced to the market two weeks ago, Froojoos, in line with its plan to produce dairy and non-dairy and fruit juices. Mrs Chakara said the company is looking at expanding its product portfolio to meet the local demand.
“Froojoos is the first non dairy product that we are producing as Alpha Omega and we are trying to increase and expand our cold room so that we can accommodate these new products that are being taken and selling like hot cakes on the market.
The product has been on the market for the past two weeks now and the customers have received it very well,” said Mrs Chakara.
The dairy firm is set introduce ice cream products and Alpha Ultra Heat Treatment milk before year end. Alpha Omega Dairy is a subsidiary of Gushungo Holdings.
August 28, 2014; http://www.herald.co.zw/alpha-omega-gets-new-equipment/