IMCD rebrands Mexican operations to strengthen presence in Latin America

NETHERLANDS – IMCD, a Dutch distributor of food ingredients and speciality chemicals has rebranded its operations in Mexico to IMCD Mexico S.A. de C.V. following the acquisition of Swiss-based DCS Pharma.

IMCD signed an agreement to acquire 90% of DCS Pharma in November 2019 and completed the acquisition in December. The company said that it will be acquiring the remaining 10% by December 2021.

DCS Pharma, headquartered in Basel, was founded in 2016 by the two Swiss distributors Dolder AG and ChemSwiss AG and operates in eight markets such as Spain, Italy, Germany, Mexico, and China.

To further support the IMCD Mexico growth strategy, IMCD said that it will be expanding its headquarters in Mexico City and recently recruited two additional senior business leaders.

IMCD has appointed Miguel Ruiseñor as Food & Nutrition Director, Latin America and Miriam Rodriguez, who will lead IMCD Mexico’s Home & Personal Care business.

Miguel and Rodriguez will work together with Andres Matesanz, IMCD Mexico General Manager and Pharmaceuticals Business Director

Marcus Jordan, President of Americas, IMCD said that having strong market-focused experts is critical to IMCD’s business model adding that the company is now in a position to support its customers in the market in their growth plans.

“Many of our existing and prospective suppliers are seeking a reliable, speciality-focused partner to develop their business across a variety of markets in Mexico,” said Jordan.

“There is potential with the Mexico-based leadership we have assembled, and we look forward to grow in all of IMCD’s core market segments in Mexico.”

The Dutch ingredients supplier first entered the Americas region through the acquisition of Makeni Chemicals in Brazil in 2013 and has since expanded into the United States (including Puerto Rico), Canada, Mexico, Colombia, Uruguay, Chile and Argentina.

Most recently, the company acquired Colombia-based ingredient distributor, Unired Químicas SAS marking the company’s entry in the Colombian market and further supporting its expansion in Latin America.

More News Articles

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.