NIGERIA – CHI Limited, Nigeria’s leading fruit drink company has introduced a new 100 ml pack for its Capri-Sun brand as it seeks to meet an increasing consumer demand for more exciting and unique options, reports Beverage Industry News.

Capri-Sun’s 100 ml pack will be retailing at N50 which the company says is aimed at ensuring customer satisfaction and offering consumers with the power of choice.

“The introduction of the new 100ml pouch size is in keeping with current trends, and is based on a richer understanding of consumer desires to enjoy handy, affordable, convenient and unique Capri-Sun experience in exciting options,” Chi said in a statement.

Deepanjan Roy, Managing Director of Chi Limited, insisted that the Capri-Sun 100ml pack, which is available in orange and Apple variants, was uniquely designed in response to consumer demands.

“Capri-Sun’s playful pouch and signature taste which lead to unique experiences of fun, adventure and carefree pleasure, have made it the preferred fruit drink for children in Nigeria.

The 100ml pouch size will delight consumers who have craved for handy and pocket-friendly product choices,” he said.

Chi said that the new repackaged product is available in across the country and joins the brand which was only available in 200ml pack size retailing at N70.

The firm highlighted that the pack still maintains the same delightful signature taste of fun.

The product is noted as one that provides a variety of options, ease and convenience, as well as its healthy, naturally tasty and satisfying experience that promotes an atmosphere of fun and adventure.

Earlier this year, the company also launched a new juice brand ‘Frooty Happy Hour by Chivita’ following the success of its major brand Happy Hour by Chivita fruit drink adding to its diverse portfolio.

The launch of the new product signifies the company’s commitment in delivering a shot of affordable fruity refreshing goodness providing a healthier lifestyle, fun and exciting experience.

In September 2018, Coca-Cola through its West African business said it was strategizing on a complete acquisition of Chi Limited by the first quarter of 2019.

Coca-Cola already owns a 40% stake in Chi and plans to acquire the remaining 60% within three years upon approval by relevant regulators.

CHI Limited manufactures and distributes fruit juices, dairy products and snacks.