Tropical Heat Group – Kenya
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
To provide the company with increased sales productivity and revenues; manage sales accounts; distribution network; build the brand and expand our product reach.
- Responsible for the sales and marketing of the company’s products.
- Increasing market share of products in our various product lines and categories.
- Responsible for ensuring cash collection target is met
- Manage the sales team; including assistant managers, area sales rep’s, merchandisers, marketing coordinators
- Manage the key accounts, distribution networks (including exports)
- Reporting to directors, with detailed information on sales, performance, targets, geographies, product segments, etc
- Work within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values.
- Demonstrate technical selling skills and product knowledge in all areas that allows you as a Sales Manager to give effective presentation of The Company’s products.
- Develop weekly, monthly, quarterly & annual business plans, in conjunction with the General Manager, which detail activities to follow during the fiscal year.
- Complete understanding of pricing and proposal models.
- Demonstrate the ability to carry on a business conversation with business owners and decision makers.
- Sell consultatively and make recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to their business issues.
- Develop databases of qualified leads through referrals, telephone conversing, face to face, cold calling on potential businesses, direct mail, email, and networking.
- Assist in the implementation of company marketing plans as needed.
- Responsible for sourcing and developing client relationships and referrals.
- Responsible for identifying and building effective Centre’s of Influence & Networks with key market professionals to maximize sales potential & revenue.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- To coordinate the requirement of finished products with the production manager at preset intervals
- Desired Skills and Experience
- Holder of a Bachelor degree from a recognized University in Business, Sales & Marketing or related field.
- Masters Degree will be an added advantage
- MUST Have 7– 10 years in experience in sales of FMCG products within a commission incentive structure.
- MUST Have Proven experience in FMCG Companies
- Willingness to travel and work out of the office.
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
- Excellent leadership, numerical, analytical, interpersonal and communications skills
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Should be highly motivated and an aggressive sales person.
- Should be presentable & well kept at all times.
- Positive attitude.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Passion for the job, for growth and for the company.
About this company
Tropical Heat is one of the leading manufacturers of spices, seasonings and snack foods in East Africa, with a strong brand and reputation for quality products.
Established in 1973, Tropical Heat was set up as a small cottage industry by two entrepreneurs who wanted to give Kenyans the best in ‘home made’ snacks and spices. Today Tropical Heat employs over 200 people.
We have a specialist team that manufacture a vast range of spices and snacks. The snacks include a range of potato crisps, ethnic snacks, Kenyan chevda, peanuts, rice cakes and extruded snacks. The spices include pure spices, herbs, seasonings, masalas and salts.