KENYA – Speaking and Panel Discussion opportunities are available at the upcoming AFGRAINS Conference – the only regional conference focused on the important and fast-growing grains, milling, baking and feed industry in Africa.
The AFGRAINS Conference is part of the AFMASS Conference & Exhibition, which is scheduled to take place on April 25-27, 2017 at Visa Oshwal Centre, Nairobi, Kenya.
The conference brings together policy makers; food and agro industry processors, packers, traders; importers, exporters, distributors; researchers and academicians; agro value chain players; NGOs and development partners to find ways to improve the production, post-harvest management, processing, packaging and food safety of food and animal feed products.
“As a Speaker or Panelist, your registration to participate at this event is key to moving the needle of progress in the region’s quest to feed and trade with itself and the World, add value to its grains-based produce and boost the economy of the region,” says the event organisers, FoodWorld Media.
Speaking opportunities for following topical issues that touch on the grains, milling, baking and animal feed industry are available at AFMASS Conference 2017:
- Nutrition, food security, commodity markets and regional trade
- Post-harvest management technologies and practices
- Processing, packaging and formulation technology of the above products
- Sustainability and how to incorporate green issues in the value chain
- Food safety and systems management in the value chain
Further, Panel Discussion opportunities are available for the following sessions at the event:
- Fortification – The challenges, opportunities and future trends in Africa – where we shall highlight progress on private and Government led initiatives to mainstream fortification of milled products with a focus on Africa;
- Life Beyond Maize – How Improving Crop Diversity can Boost Food Security in Africa – where we shall have stakeholders showcase and discuss other crop options that can seal the food security gap in the continent.
- Animal Feed Industry in Africa – How the Adoption of Technology and Good Practices can Improve Feed Safety – where technology providers, manufacturers and other stakeholders shall find the common ground to building a sustainable feed safety eco-system in Africa
- Sorghum – Unlocking the potential of sorghum for use in the food and feed industry – where we shall discuss the role of Government policy, industry innovation and consumer issues that can make this one of Africa’s major cash crops – A joint session with the AFMASS Conference stream;
- Investments – Filling the gaps, improving investment climate and building capacity of food and feed manufacturers to receive investments – where investment managers, processors and other food and agro value chain shall discuss ways to bridge the gap that exists between investors and private equity funds and other funding and investment sources in Africa – A joint session with the AFMASS Conference stream;
- Industry Business Leaders’ Forum – Where the top leaders from the various sectors of the food, beverage, milling and feed industry analyse the year past and project into the future of the industry in the region. Will also involve discussing the outcome of the Industry Status Report that is being carried out by FoodWorld Media, and will be released in March 2017 – A joint session with the AFMASS Conference stream.
AFMASS Conference & Expo is set for the Visa Oshwal Centre in the Westlands suburbs of Nairobi, Kenya on April 25-27, 2017.
Limited space is also still available for those companies interested in booking space to showcase their innovations at the event
Interested in participating as Speaker or Panelist or seeking exhibition opportunities can reach Mary at: FoodWorld Media Tel: +254 20 8155 022; +254 725 343 932; info(at)foodworldmedia.net. Or visit the event website: www.afmass.com