Agthia expands footprint in UAE’s snack market with acquisition of confectionery and healthy food brand BMB Group

UAE – Agthia Group, one of the largest food companies in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), has acquired a 100% stake in Dubai-based confectionery and healthy food brand BMB Group in line with strategy to invest in fast-growing segments of the food and beverage space.   BMB produces and distributes a wide selection of snacks and confectionery including chocolate, Mediterranean sweets and bakery ingredients for its own brand and external partners.  Some of the popular brands under BMB’s portfolio include Asateer, Al Qamar and Freakin’ Healthy. These brands are expected to accelerate the…

Read More

Agthia Group records 61% Increase in H1 profits, plots expansion in Egypt and Saudi Arabia

UAE – Agthia Group PJSC, one of the leading food and beverages companies in the Middle East, has recorded a 61% jump in half-year net profits mainly driven by acquisition synergies and additional cost optimization.   According to a statement from the company, group net profits amounted to AED 67.9 million (US$18.49m) while total revenues appreciated 21% year-on-year to AED 1.32 billion (US$360m).  The Group’s consumer business division saw its share of net revenue contribution increase by 20% y-o-y to 65% with the agri-business division contributing the remaining 35% of the Group’s revenue.  Agthia noted that the rise was attributed to the addition of…

Read More