iFood merges with Delivery Hero’s Domicilios.com to strengthen grip in Colombia

COLOMBIA – iFood, one of the leading food delivery platforms in Latin America has merged with Delivery Hero’s business in Colombia, Domicilios.com to enable the companies expand and strengthen their footprint in South America. The companies did not disclose the value of the transaction but will result in Brazil-based iFood holding a 51% equity stake in the partnership, while Delivery Hero will hold the remaining 49%, reports TechChrunch. Together, iFood and Domicilios.com say they will have the largest geographic coverage of any food delivery company in Colombia. Domicilios.com is already…

Read More

Delivery Hero forms strategic partnership with Woowa in a US$4bn deal

GERMANY – German online food ordering and delivery marketplaces, Delivery Hero has signed an agreement to form a strategic partnership with South Korea’s leading online food delivery platform, Woowa Brothers Corp. in a US$4 billion deal. The Transaction will reinforce Delivery Hero’s ambitions of expanding into the fast-growing Asian market while solidifying its position as the largest global food delivery platform, outside of China by number of orders. Woowa operates the largest online food delivery service in South Korea, Baedal Minjok, which generated approximately 100 million orders in Q3 2019,…

Read More