UAE’s food manufacturing giant IFFCO to build major global manufacturing base after acquiring India’s 3 F Fuji Foods

INDIA – IFFCO, the UAE-based mass manufacturer of food products, has announced plans to build a major global manufacturing base to service customers across various markets. The move is part of the FMCG major’s new initiative to achieve more flexibility in meeting its customers’ needs.  It also follows a recent acquisition of 3 F Fuji Foods- a joint venture of Fuji Oil Group of Japan and the South India-based 3 F Industries which specialises in manufacturing and distribution of a range of cream products across India. IFFCO, whose brands such…

Read More

Fertilizer major partners Spain firm to venture into food processing with US$46m plant

INDIA – Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) has formed a joint venture with Spanish frozen vegetables business Congelados De Navarra with US$46.7mn investment to set up a food processing facility in Ludhiana, Punjab. This marks an entry into food processing for the fertilizer major, set to benefit from Congelados De Navarra’s individually quick frozen (IQF) technology. As part of the partnership, IFFCO will have 30% stake while Congelados De Navarra, a processor of vegetables, fruits, herbs and ready-made pre-cooked dishes will have the remaining 70%, ET Retail reports. “We…

Read More