Coca-Cola HBC pledges net-zero emissions by 2040, announces US$289m investment in emission reduction initiatives

SWITZERLAND – Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company, the third-largest Coca-Cola anchor bottler in the world, has made a commitment to reduce emissions to net-zero across its entire value chain by 2040.  To achieve this goal, the Zug, Switzerland-based bottler has committed to invest €250m ($289m) in emissions reduction initiatives by 2025.   Part of the funds will go towards facilitating the company’s transition to 100% renewable electricity and low carbon energy sources.   Coca-Cola HBC also plans to invest in continuous improvements and innovations in energy efficiency to further reduce the carbon footprint…

Read More

AmBev steps closer to 2025 sustainability goal with launch of first carbon neutral brewery in Brazil

BRAZIL – AmBev, Brazil’s largest brewing company and part of global brewer AB InBev, has unveiled its first brewing and malting facility in Brazil.  Located in the South region of Brazil, the brewery and malting site achieved the carbon-neutral status after reducing 90% of their CO emissions and offsetting the remaining 10%.  The maker of Brahma, Bohemia, Stella Artois beer brands also plans to unveil another four carbon-neutral breweries before the end of 2021.   “This important step supports our efforts to achieve our ambitious 2025 Sustainability Goals, which aim to drive progress across our full, integrated supply chain,” says Rodrigo Figueiredo,…

Read More

Mars targets to rid supply chain of carbon emissions in new 2050 sustainability goal

US — American manufacturer of snacks and pet foods Mars Inc., has unveiled its new sustainability agenda where it plans to achieve net zero greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) across its entire supply chain by 2050.   To become carbon neutral, the company plans to transition to renewable energy, redesign its supply chains to stop deforestation, and invest in renewable agriculture.  “To deliver meaningful impact and ensure it is fit for purpose, our net zero target covers our entire GHG footprint, from how we source materials through to how consumers use our products,…

Read More

McDonald’s joins net-zero emissions bandwagon with new target to be carbon neutral by 2050

USA – American fast food company McDonald’s Corp has joined an ever-growing list of food companies with net-zero targets, promising to cut global greenhouse gas emissions to net zero by 2050.  According to the fast-food chain, the targets cover the entire supply chain of the company from the beef in its burgers to the light bulbs in its restaurants.  The burger chain also said it was working with the nonprofit Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) to revamp its existing climate change targets.   It aims to lower absolute emissions by about a third…

Read More

Unilever trials Zero-emission refrigeration on trucks in drive towards carbon-free future

NETHERLANDS –  Unilever has partnered with equipment service provider TIP Trailer Services, green tech experts Maxwell and Spark, and transport company Daily Logistics Group (DLG) to run a pilot in the Netherlands to test battery-powered refrigeration in trucks.  According to a statement for the company, if successful, the trial would provide a new solution for lowering the environmental impact of its range of refrigerated products, including ice cream brands such as Magnum, Wall’s, and Cornetto.  Currently, refrigerated trucks rely on diesel engines to power the cooling systems in refrigerated trucks,…

Read More