Refresco to expand manufacturing footprint in North America with purchase of Coca-Cola production sites

US – World’s largest independent bottler of beverages Refresco has entered into an agreement to acquire three production facilities belonging to the Coca-Cola company in the US to expand its North American manufacturing footprint.  According to a report by FoodBev, the transaction includes three hot-fill production plants – in Truesdale, Missouri, Waco, Texas, and Paw Paw, Michigan.   As part of the deal, the Netherlands-based bottler will become one of The Coca-Cola Company’s third-party contract manufacturers in the US.  Outsourcing bottling operations to independent companies has been the historic strength of the tiered US bottling system: sharing responsibility (and risk) across the supply chain. …

Read More

Refresco to expand presence in German beverage market with acquisition of Hansa-Heeman

GERMANY – Refresco, the world’s largest independent bottler of beverages, has entered into an agreement to acquire Hansa-Heemann, a German independent beverage manufacturer that specializes in the production and bottling of mineral water and CSDs.  A majority of the company’s volume (60%) is in mineral water, with the remaining 40% in carbonated soft drinks.  The independent bottler has five production sites across Germany and serves three different market segments: private label, own brands, and contract manufacturing for A-brands.  Hansa-Heeman reportedly has annual revenues of approximately €300 million (about US$355 million) and employs over 800 people.  According…

Read More