Job Title -Trade Quality Manager
Type of job – Permanent
Function – Sales
Company – Diageo, Kenya
Location: Nairobi – Kenya
This role reports to the Sales Operations Manager with a dotted line to Quality Manager in Operations
The jobholder handles all consumer/customer complaints in Kenya to safeguard KBL market share and protect company and brand image which are likely to suffer due to complaints.
Purpose of role:
The Trade Quality Manager provides the technical quality assurance, problem solving and troubleshooting service in the market place. There is a need for timely availability of feedback for Operations and Sales teams to respond to quality issues.
- Formulate an Audit system to review the status of Distributors, Stockiest and Customers outlets from a Quality viewpoint. Carry out such audits in the distribution channel on a regular basis around the country. Liaise with regional QAMs to ensure these audits are carried out in their areas.
- Identify gaps in the distribution channel and formulate a training programme to address the gaps.
- Formulate a Training programme in conjunction with Sales Training Manager for all RSRs, ASM s, RSMs, Distributors, stockiest, and Outlets on production and quality in the trade. Carry out such training so as to enhance market share
- Identify and Implement Standards on product handling by Distribution and Outlets that may impact on quality
- Arrange for Procurement of trade samples on a monthly basis and arrange for these to be tasted and analysed, including competitors’ products. Advise on the taste quality trends which may impact negatively on sales
- Co-ordinate and run In Trade Tasting and visits for technical staff, by liasing with Sales Force. Prepare reports of trade visits based on QDVPP (Quality, Distribution. Visibility, Price Promotion)
- Follow up and ultimately resolve quality issues emanating from the Customer Service Desk with an aim of protecting KBL image from bad press, litigation and public health prosecution. Prepare reports on Customer Service desk for Operation meetings.
- Quality surveillance in the market to assess package presentation, product displays in the outlets. Advise Operations department on package attributes that may affect sales. Make regular reports on prevailing quality problems that need resolution. Compile monthly information on quality for Sales Team. Make recommendations on the way forward for trade quality
- Manage widespread process related product quality incidents that may appear in the market place in conjunction with Crisis (incident) Management Team to avoid negative impact on the market
Qualification & Experience:
- Detailed knowledge of brewery operations, specialized knowledge and skill in at least one of the technical disciplines.
- Knowledge of Adult Learning Principles and techniques
- Audit skills
- Knowledge of KBL supply chain
- Knowledge of KBL Marketing and Sales Strategy and processes
- Social skills in dealing with diverse mixture of customers and consumers
- Detailed knowledge of legislation governing food industry in Kenya
- Management skills
- Problem solving skills and Root cause analysis
- 5-10 years in Production and quality field.
- Experienced trainer and communicator
- Experienced auditor
- Beer taster and drinker
- Driving skills
- Presentation skills
****Application deadline: 17 th July, 2015****